Noakes Original Sign

A reverse image search for part of the Noakes & Co logo comes up with this website showing a replica Noakes & Co miniature sign.


The website describes Noakes & Co with a short summary, as shown below:

“Noakes & Co Ltd at Black Eagle Brewery, Bermondsey, London were founded (reputedly) in 1697. Brewing ceased at the Bermondsey brewery in 1921 when it was transferred to Noakes’ newly acquired Cannings Royal Brewery in Windsor. Acquired by Courage in 1930 and brewing ceased.”


The artwork is reported to be produced by an artist under the name of A. Nicholls, with the artwork produced in 1904.